The idea of learning a language, especially when it is learned from scratch seems anything but fast. One must learn new grammar, memorize vocabulary words, and most importantly practice. It is a slow and tedious process but nothing can replace the efforts as for students a new language is just like another subject.
Here are 7 ways how one can master the fundamentals of a new language.
1. Practice the language regularly
2. Watch relevant visual or audio material
3. Set goals
4. Learn translations, then learn to produce the new words
5. Seek out practice socially
6. Visualize and vocalize. Visualize the words, imagine the image of what it represents and say the new word aloud. This helps to connect the concepts and can improve memorization.
7. Use gestures. The brain adapts better when physical actions are used while learning.
Mastering a new skill doesn’t happen over a day, it needs perception, determination, and the urge to hammer the skill consistently. Regular practice and the 7 ways mentioned above will help a student to master the fundamentals of a new language.